Energia to help power Guinness PRO12 Final Series
Tuesday, 18th April 2017 - Leading Irish energy provider Energia has signed a new sponsorship deal with PRO12 Rugby.
Switching On: (from left) Dermot Rigley, Commercial & Marketing Director, PRO12 Rugby; Alan Mulcahy, Head of Sales, Energia; Luke Fitzgerald, Guinness PRO12 Final Ambassador
Leading Irish energy provider Energia has signed a new sponsorship deal with PRO12 Rugby. The deal will see Energia become a partner of the Guinness PRO12 Final Series, as the Championship readies itself for a thrilling end to the season.
With Dublin’s Aviva Stadium preparing to host the Guinness PRO12 Final on May 27 (see www.ticketmaster.ie), the Championship is proud to team up with Energia, one of Ireland’s leading energy providers.
Just two rounds remain in the Guinness PRO12 with three Irish teams, two Welsh teams and one Scottish team all vying to finish in the top four and reach the Semi-Finals. Energia’s support of the Final Series will help harness the power of the Championship’s passionate supporters to the three showpiece events with exclusive prizes for fans that will bring them closer to the game than ever before.
Dermot Rigley, Commercial & Marketing Director for PRO12 Rugby, said: “Energia are one of the most innovative brands in the Irish market and with our ‘Fan First’ philosophy they are an ideal partner for the Guinness PRO12 Final Series. We’re really excited about their plans to engage with our supporters, who follow one of the most entertaining rugby tournaments in the world.
“There is a tremendous energy to our Championship at the moment with tries being scored at a record rate and we’re delighted to have Energia join us as we count down to the Final on May 27 at Aviva Stadium. Ticket sales have been strong and all signs are pointing towards another record-setting occasion.”
Alan Mulcahy, Head of Sales for Energia, said: “Energia has strong roots across Ireland in terms of customers, employees and windfarms. Added to that, as both our business and home energy customers know, competitiveness is a key value for us. For that reason, it was an easy decision to support this hugely important competition for Ireland’s provinces.”
“As part of this sponsorship, we’ll be giving rugby fans the chance to get closer to the game with exclusive prizes, so keep an eye on our social media channels.”
Fans from all across the Championship can also ensure their place at the Guinness PRO12 Final at Aviva Stadium on May 27 by visiting www.pro12rugby.com/final or www.ticketmaster.ie
For more information follow Energia and PRO12 Rugby on social media:
- Energia Group comprises Energia Supply, Energia Renewables and Energia Generation and is a leading supplier in the Irish business energy market. Energia has powered businesses since 1999. It has a 23% market share of the business electricity and gas market on an all–island basis, and almost 60,000 business customers.
- Energia is Ireland’s fastest growing home energy supplier. Households switching to Energia for Ireland’s best Dual Fuel bundle will save €432 on their electricity and gas costs for one year.
- Energia has been recognised by the Commission for Energy Regulation for having 100% renewably-sourced “green” energy for the last three years in a row, the only of the leading energy suppliers to achieve this (Commission for Energy Regulation (CER) report 2015 on fuel-mix and CO2 emissions for individual electricity suppliers licensed in Ireland). Energia has an approximate 30% all-island market share of Irish SME business.
- Energia Renewables is among Ireland’s leading providers of sustainable green energy and c.25% of Ireland’s wind power is provided through Energia to homes and businesses. Energia has invested over €350m in wind farms since 2008 and will shortly supply its customers from over 1 GW of renewable generation capacity.
- Energia Generation has invested over €500m in Irish energy generation infrastructure in Dublin, demonstrating its long term commitment to the Irish energy market and is capable of supplying up to 11% of Ireland’s electricity needs.
- Energia Group has a turnover of c.€1 billion and employs around 260 staff.
- Energia Group is a member of the Viridian Group and has offices in Dublin, Galway, Cork and Belfast
About PRO12 Rugby:
- The Guinness PRO12 Championship is made up 12 clubs – four Irish, four Welsh, two Scottish and two Italian – who compete over 22 regular season rounds to reach the Final Series.
- The Final Series is comprised of the two Semi-Finals and the Final. The Semi-Finals take place on the weekend of May 19/20 followed by the Guinness PRO12 Final on May 27.
- The Guinness PRO12 is home to 268 International players
- Tickets for Guinness PRO12 Final, May 27, Aviva Stadium are available at www.ticketmaster.ie
- Attendances for the past seven PRO12 Finals:
- 2010 (Dublin), 19,500 Sold Out
- 2011 (Limerick), 26,100 Sold Out
- 2012 (Dublin), 18,500 Sold Out
- 2013 (Dublin), 19,200 Sold Out
- 2014 (Dublin), 19,200 Sold Out
- 2015 (Belfast), 17,500 Sold Out
- 2016 (Edinburgh), 34,500 Record Attendance
Read more at http://www.pro12rugby.com/2017/04/18/energia-help-power-guinness-pro12-final-series/#MtrB20LsIjSeTOpR.99
Back to Top