Finalists announced for inaugural Energia Family Business Awards
The finalists have been announced for this year’s Energia Family Business Awards.
The Energia Family Business Awards take place on the 24th May 2019 in the Round Room of the Mansion House, Dublin. Over 200 entries were received, a remarkable response from family businesses both old and new across Ireland.
Launched by renowned business commentator and MC for the Energia Family Business Awards Matt Cooper, the Awards the first of their kind in Ireland will recognize family businesses of all shapes and sizes across the country.
About 90 of Irish family businesses have been shortlisted for this year’s awards including:
For the full list of finalists please click here.
- Inglot - Retail & Wholesale Family Business of the Year, sponsored by Davy Group
- Meade Potato Company - Agri Family Business
- Galtee Honey Farm - Best Small Family Business of the Year, sponsored by Sysnet
- Flahavans - Family Food/Drink Producer of the Year, sponsored by Bakertilly
- Village Vets - Family Business CSR Award
- JJ Kavanagh & Sons - Family Business Longevity Award, sponsored by Matheson
- Playtown Tullamore - Fastest Growing Family Business, sponsored by Skillnet Ireland
- Ballymaloe House - Hospitality Business of the Year, sponsored by Elavon
- Good4u - International Family Business of the Year, sponsored by Enterprise Ireland
The Energia Family Business Awards will acknowledge the efforts of family run businesses in reshaping the business landscape. Judges this year include JJ O'Connell, National Director and Co-Chair of Family Business Ireland, Mark Christal, Manager of the Regions and Entrepreneurship division Enterprise Ireland and Glyn Roberts, CEO of Retail NI among others.
Commenting on the finalists, Katherine O'Riordan, Event Director said, “We are thrilled to be hosting these inaugural awards. Irish family businesses have always been and continue to be a fundamental part of the Irish community, with so many businesses run by fathers, sons, mothers, daughters, aunts and uncles. We are proud to acknowledge, support and reward the family business industry in Ireland.”
Commenting on the awards, Alan Mulcahy Head of Sales at Energia said, “Irish businesses and SMEs are the back bone of the Irish economy and communities all across Ireland as illustrated by the broad and diverse entries received for these inaugural Energia Family Business Awards. At Energia, we supply the energy that supports businesses and homes across the island of Ireland, and we are proud to play our part in recognising these innovative businesses, the work they do and contribution they make”.