The boxes are packed, the deep clean is complete but before you exchange keys there a few last checklist items to tick off so that your electricity, gas or dual fuel accounts are ready for your move.
When you’re moving into a new house or apartment, you’ll need to complete the following steps.
1. Contact us to let us know you’ve moved house.
Simply complete the form at the bottom of this page. If you urgently need power or have medical equipment in your home, please call us on 0818 405 405. The best time to call us is between 9.30-10.30am and 2-3pm Monday - Friday.
It will be helpful to have the following details to hand:
- Your Energia account number (You will find this at the top of your bill or in your online account)
- Your MPRN and GPRN
- The address of the house that you are moving into
- Your moving in date
- A final meter reading at the property you are moving out of. View our guide on how to read your meter.
- An opening meter read for your new property as close as possible to your move in date or on the day you move in. View our guide on how to read your meter.
- 2. We will send you a letter to confirm your electricity move.
- Please check the details for your new property are correct.
- 3. Enjoy all of the benefits of being an Energia customer in your new home.
- Sign up to Energia online, download our free app and access Energia Rewards to enjoy all the benefits of being an Energia customer in your new home.
If you're renting then we may also ask you for your landlord or estate agent’s information, typically a name and phone number will be all that is required.
You should contact us as soon as possible after moving into a new rental property to avoid paying any previous tenant’s bills.
Your energy usage may change with your new property and you may have additional energy requirements such as EV charging or having a Smart Meter.
When you contact us about your move you can ask our team to review your current plan to see if you are getting the best price and taking advantage of all the benefits of being an Energia customer.
If you are moving out of a house or apartment that is supplied by Energia then you will need to:
- Contact us to let us know when you’re moving out. Simply complete the form at the bottom of this page or call us on 0818 405 405.
- Provide a final meter reading. View our guide on how to read your meter.
- Pay any final or outstanding bills for the property
It’s important you tell us that you are moving out so we can close your account, and this will avoid you being billed for any electricity used by new occupants.
When you contact us to tell us that you are moving out it will be speed up the process if you can have the following information to hand:
- Your forwarding address where we can reach you if needed
- Your move out date
- Your final meter reading
- Your account number (You will find this at the top of your bill or in your online account)
We will confirm your move out by sending you a letter and any final bills for the property you have moved out of.
When moving out of a rental property it’s very important you tell us your move out date and provide a final meter reading so that you don’t end up paying for electricity used by the new tenants when they move in.
Simply complete the form at the bottom of this page or call us on 0818 405 405 to let us know you’re moving out.