Search our site


Dear customers, our contact centre is currently experiencing very high demand and so wait times will be longer than usual. The answers you are looking for may be online. You can submit a meter reading, make a payment or browse our FAQs 
Our prices are changing from the 7th of October. For more details see here. Please note, you do not need to submit a meter read ahead of this date.

Gas Safety FAQs

What is Carbon Monoxide?

Carbon Monoxide is highly dangerous.  It is a colourless, odourless, and tasteless gas that can cause illness and even death.  Carbon Monoxide can be produced by the burning of fossil fuels, including by natural gas appliances, where there is poor ventilation and/or where the appliance is poorly installed, badly maintained or damaged.

For possible tell-tale signs of faulty equipment and for more information on carbon monoxide safety, please see www.carbonmonoxide.ie

Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback