01 September 2023 - Energia announces home energy price reduction
Energia will reduce home energy prices, effective from 3rd October 2023. The decision to reduce home energy prices reflects Energia’s ongoing commitment to provide the best possible value and service for customers.
- Energia Smart meter electricity plan customers will see a reduction of 20% on their unit rates or an average of €357 per year based on the average annual bill.
- *Energia Smart dual fuel customers will see a reduction of 20% on their electricity and gas unit rates or an average of €682 per year based on the average annual bill.
- *Energia electricity customers will see a reduction of 15% on their unit rates or an average of €305 per year based on the average annual bill.*
- Energia gas customer will see a reduction of 20% on their unit rates or an average of €325 per year based on the average annual bill.*
Gary Ryan, Managing Director of Customer Solutions, Energia Group said: “The wholesale market has experienced significant volatility over the past two years and we have worked at all times to mitigate the challenges of these costs for our customers. This price reduction is a positive step. Our existing customer supports will remain in place to provide any required assistance to customers experiencing difficulty. We continue to review energy market pricing and are committed to providing customers with the best possible value into the future.”
Over 1.4m smart meters are already installed in Ireland. Energia is supportive of these next generation electricity meters which provide accurate billing, access to energy management solutions and new energy services through Energia’s App, thereby assisting households reduce their carbon footprint.
Further information regarding Energia Smart Meter plans are available here and the CU Greener Home Scheme here. Energia recently announced an increase in the unit rate that the company pays to customers on its microgeneration scheme from 18c to 24c.
* Based on EAB (Estimated Annual Bill) effective 3rd October See Energia.ie for further details.
* Smart EAB refers to standard smart tariff (SST).