Energia are offering €115 for our Boiler Servicing package. This is one of the most competitive prices on the Irish market providing a full service 28-point check.
A gas boiler service once a year can ensure your boiler is running safely and efficiently. The benefits of getting your gas boiler serviced are that it will be a more efficient boiler which can also save you money on your heating. Some warranties on boilers require a yearly service.
We can also schedule a return appointment for next year and will contact you to arrange your boiler servicing when it is due.
We will carry out the following tests and checks on your boiler:
- Check boiler location (is it suitable?)
- Check boiler for visual damage
- Check appliance for correct operation
- Check for correct ventilation as appropriate
- Soundness test passed
- Check for flue spillage where appropriate
- Check flue condition, routing and terminal location
- Check condensate drainage system (condensing boilers only)
- Check appliance clearance from combustible materials
- Cold Check Effectiveness of flue
- Check main burner and clean as necessary
- Check pilot burner and probes/cables and clean as necessary
- Check heat exchanger and clean as necessary
- Check/adjust and record main burner pressure (as per manufacturer's instructions)
- Check operation of flame sensing control
- Check effectiveness of flue with boiler running
- Check for gas soundness of appliance with boiler running
- Check for electrical isolation and correct 3-amp fuse is fitted
- Inspect electrical wiring for damage and correct connection to appliance
- Check operation of boiler thermostat
- Check Operation of low water pressure control (where appropriate)
- Check system pressure (as per manufacturer's instructions)
- Check expansion vessel (where required)
- Check flue guard is fitted (where required)
- Check for flue spillage (where appropriate)
- Check correct boiler operation including consumer controls (time clock, zone valves, thermostats)
- Appliance conforms to I.S.813.2002
- Boiler Combustion Efficiency Test Results
It is important that access to the property is available for the duration of the appointment if required. If the engineer can’t gain access, there will be a call-out charge of €30. He will leave a card behind to let you know what time he called and the number you should call for a new appointment. The engineer will always wait ten minutes at your home in case you have been delayed.