What is a Vulnerable Customer?
A Vulnerable Customer is a person who is:
- critically dependent on electrically powered equipment. This includes (but is not limited to) life protecting devices, assistive technologies to support independent living and medical equipment, or
- particularly vulnerable to disconnection during winter months for reasons of advanced age or physical, sensory, intellectual or mental health.
(The above definition is taken from the Commission for Regulation of Utilities (CRU).)
What is our Vulnerable Customer Register?
Our Vulnerable Customer Register is a list that allows us to identify vulnerable customers with specific needs relating to their home electricity and gas services.
Our Commitments to vulnerable customers:
- We will ensure our Customer Service team are familiar with the additional services available to vulnerable customers.
- We will work closely with our customers who have special requirements to ensure their needs are met.
- We will bring this code of practice to the attention of customers at sign up; at least once a year and on bills.
- We will maintain and regularly update a:
Register ("Priority Services Register") of our customers who are vulnerable customers that are critically dependent on electrically powered equipment; and
Register ("Special Services Register") of our customers who are vulnerable customers that are particularly vulnerable to natural gas or electricity disconnection during winter months.
- We will not levy penalty fees on PAYG customers who end a contract of supply where the PAYG meter is no longer suitable for use due to their vulnerability.
- We will adhere to an efficient, adequate process to ensure that a PAYG meter is suitable for any vulnerable customer requesting one.
We will follow a process that ensures that a PAYG meter suits any vulnerable customers who asks us for this meter
Did you know you can nominate a representative to manage your energy account?
They can help you manage your account by email or SMS.